Hi I am Stephanie, I am 17. Here's a bunch of other stuff about me
0. Do you cut? Yes
1. Who do you hide it from? Eveyone that I know. They try to get involved when they think something is wrong and I just want to be left alone
2. Who knows about it? Two of my friends (one of which is supportive and we talk about depression and stuff all the time... my other friend who found out was pissed off at me for it)
3. How long has it been since you last cut? Since Wednesday... so I have been cut free for 3 days now
4. Have you ever tried to commit suicide before? Yes, once in the fall of 2005, it was the start of grade 11, I took a bunch off pills in the middle of the night
5. Where do you usually cut? Thighs, ankles, upper arms and sometimes forearms, but not that ofeten
6. When you cut, who's usually the first to find out? My friend, she is good shit
8. Do you have a fascination with scabs? No
9. Do you like scars? sometimes... I have a tiny scar in the shape of a heart... i love that one because it symbolizes how i wear my heart on my sleve... i also like the star on my ankle
10. Do you name your razor? No.
11. What other methods of SI do you use? I pierce my ears... I know that it sounds stupid, but I get the same feeling from piercing as I do cutting... I have a total of 18 piercings and I have done 13 myself
12. Do you dislike the term 'self-mutilation'? there is better ways of describing it... i hate it when my mom says that word when she sees that I have a new piercing
13. What various ways do you hide cuts? clothing
15. Ever been institutionalized/hospitalized for SI'ing? No
16. Do you ever run into problems with hiding cuts? sometimes... i love ankle socks but when we have PE i have to wear shorts... so there they are... but i actuially use stuff to make scars less visible (i only make the scars i dont like go away)
17. What's the best part about cutting to you? The feeling of relief and how it is so calming... to de-stress most people whould go to a day spa.... well my dat spa would be filled with razor blades
18. Do you know of any songs that talk about SI? Hurt and a few other ones
19. Have you ever been caught cutting? No.
20. What instrument do you use to cut? Usually a razor
21. What causes you to cut? Sadness, lonliness, anger, anxiety, when I dont feel anything, when i feel like every one hates me... so many more
22. What do you feel afterwards? Rejuvinated, calm, guilty because i know i shouldnt cut
23. What is your closest close call? Never had one.
25. Do you keep a razor in your bag? I have before, when I knew it would be a bad day at school so i could cut there.
27. Do you have someone like a therapist you talk to regularly? nope.
30. How long have you cut for? about 2 year or so
31. Why did you start? I dont actually know, I think i read a booka nd someone did it and it made them feel better, so i tried it once and i didnt tink of it again for a few months and then i did iut again it because something that i do every once and a while
33. What did you use? razor
35. Have you ever tried to quit before? yeah a couple times
36. What's the longest time you've gone without cutting? maybe like 4-6 months... im not sure
37. Have you tried alternative coping methods? kind of
38. Why do you like to cut (if you do)? it is so calming and when i cant talk to any one i can always depend on my razor being right when i left it
39. Why don't you like cutting (if you don't)? I love it so much that i hate it... i hate loving it and loveing it so much scares me
40. Have you ever needed stitches before? no
41. Have you ever been to the hospital for cutting or issues relating to cutting? No.
44. Would you advise people to stop or start cutting? I have told a friend to stop cutting, she did, i would never want to see any of my friends to cut... i am one of those people who thinks that it is ok for my to cut myslef because i deserve it adn what not but if i knew that a friend was doing it i would be getting all the resources for them to help tham stop
45. Have you ever talked to a professional about your cutting/issues relating to cutting? nope... i talked to the student counselor about my depression but he made me feel like i was 2 feet tall so i dont talk to him anymore
46. Do you like the taste/look of blood? the look is calming, ive never tasted it and i never will
48. What is your opinion on cutting? It isnt smart, but it helps me, for a little while then my problems come flooding back
49. Have you ever taken pictures of your cuts/scars and why? no
50. Do you know many other people who cut? One of my friends had tried cutting... she only did it like once and i told her not to so she hasnt since then and that was over a yer ago.... i dont know anyone else who cuts